There is no better time of the year than vacation time and traveling to China makes getting away even better. Your trip is a little over a month away, and you have already begun packing. You have your walking shoes, travel clothes, an extra toothbrush, and passport… but do you have your visa yet?
When traveling to the mainland of China for a vacation, you must obtain a tourist visa to be permitted into the country.
Tourist Visa Requirements
A visa is a permit issued by a foreign Embassy or Consulate to allow you to travel to the country. China has specific requirements, fees, and application procedures.
You are required to apply at the Embassy or a Consulate that has jurisdiction over the state in which you live. Click here to go to the Chinese Embassy website to confirm which Embassy or Consulate you will submit your tourist visa application to, depending on your state of residence.
Some rules that are required for obtaining a Chinese visa are:
- You must provide an original signed passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiration
- Your passport must have at least 3 blank pages (not including the last three pages)
- You must accurately complete the Chinese application form
- You must glue a glossy photo on the visa application form
- All documents must be bound together with paperclips, never staples
These rules must be met when applying for any type of Chinese visa, but requesting a Chinese tourist visa has a set of special requirements as well.
Special Requirements for a Chinese Tourist Visa
Applying for a tourist visa into China has its own set of requirements. Besides submitting your original passport and completed application, you must also include:
- The itinerary of your trip including proof of hotel reservation and copy of your round trip airfare
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must show proof of residency
- If you live in a state that requires you to submit your application to the Washington D.C. Chinese Embassy, you must include a letter (on letterhead) from your supervisor stating that the trip is not work-related and the dates you will resume work once you arrive home
Please know that this is NOT an all-inclusive list of standard and special requirements, but rather to let you know of some of the items to be aware of when beginning your application process.
Let One Source Process Worry about All the Requirements
We can submit your Chinese Tourist Visa Application for you. Visit our page here to read more about the necessary documents required. We know what documents are needed, and which Embassy or Consulate to submit the information to on your behalf.
Once you have gathered the needed information and documents, simply complete our Order Form to have your Chinese Tourist Visa secured within a matter of days.
You have enough planning to do, let us help you ensure a smooth and memorable Chinese vacation.